Adult Day Services
Homme Adult Day Center, Wausau
What Are We:Adult Day Care Center is designed to provide care and companionship for older adults who need assistance or supervision during the day. The participants, primarily with Alzheimer’s or dementia return to their homes each evening. The goals of the programs are to delay or prevent institutionalization by providing alternative care, to enhance self-esteem, maximize cognitive and social abilities and to encourage socialization.
What Do We Offer?
- Range of activities offered and participants are encouraged to interact based upon their own abilities and interests. Activities include arts and crafts, cooking and baking, exercise, socializing, games, puzzles, cards and community outings.
- Relief and support to family members and other primary caregivers
- Supervision of daily cares such as medication administration, toileting, peri-care and dietary monitoring
- Additional optional services are available at an additional cost such as bathing, physical and occupational therapies, beauty salon treatments and foot treatments.
- Convenient hours five days a week (Open 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
- An individual service care plan based upon an assessment
- The noon meal is included for those with us over the lunch hour. Snacks throughout the day are also included.
- On-site Physical, Occupational and Speech therapy is available as ordered by a physician. Cost will depend on insurance coverage.
- Payment assistance may be available through various community programs based on eligibility.
How Do I Learn More?
- Contact the Coordinator at 715-845-1214 x310 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule an on site tour.